The SuperImager® Plus Desktop Forensic Lab Unitis heavy duty, industrial, multiple sources/ multiple targets, and extremely fast Forensic Imaging unit. The unit is running under Linux Ubuntu OS which is less targeted OS by malware, and it reduces the OS performance overhead, especially when it perform compression, by almost 20%. User can use to the unit to perform: Forensic Imaging with full E01 compression (4:4 native SAS/SATA) , Upload 8 Forensic images to network, Erase data includes DoD/ Security Erase/Enhanced Security Erase, View the data directly on Ubuntu Desktop, Encrypt data, Cellphone/Tablets data Extraction and Analysis, and Full Forensic Analysis like Encase/Nuix/FTK. The Unit can be expanded with optional expansion port or express port to support SCSI and 1394 storage devices.
The unit is designed to help expedite the forensic imaging process, especial in facilities where there is a large backlog in imaging hard disk drives.
The SuperImager Plus Desktop Forensic Lab unit has built-in 8” Touchscreen color LCD display, 8 native SAS/SATA ports in a 8 open tray drive caddy, 6 native USB3.0
Some example of the unit’s performances:
- Complete Hash verification operation with SHA-1 enabled on SSD @ 31GB/min, on WD 1TB Blue @10GB/min
- Complete Forensic Imaging 1:2 with SHA-1 enabled on 3 SanDisk Extreme II 120GB SSD @ 29GB/Min
- Forensic Imaging of 1:2 with E01 format with compression level 1 @ 8GB/min (Suspect Drive was full with 50% of random data and the compression rate was 66%)
The Unit as Forensic Imaging Tool:
In one read pass from the “Suspect” Hard Disk Drive, the SuperImager Plus application can run the following operations simultaneously: Forensic Imaging with E01 format and with full compression, Encryption with AES256, simultaneously calculate 3 Hash Verification and Authentication values (MD5, SHA1, SHA2), a Binary Keyword Search, and Saving the captured Forensic Images to 2 “Evidence” hard disk drives, local network, and to external compact USB3.0/e-SATA TB RAID encrypted storage. The basic Forensic Imaging mode can be 4:4 for SAS/SATA and 3:3 for USB3.0 storage devices. (7:7 with the use of USB3.0 to SATA adapters, supports SATA drives only)
The Unit as Complete Forensic Platform:
In addition the unit can serve as a platform for a Forensic investigator to run a complete investigation and to perform:
- Cellphones and Tablets data Extraction and Analysis
- A complete Computer Forensic investigation Analysis with applications such as: Nuix, FTK, EnCase, ProDiscovery
The Unit as Data Erases:
Supports DoD and Security Erase, Enhanced Security erase protocols that are NIST 800-88 compliance.
The Unit performances:
The unit is one of the top-of-the-line forensic imaging devices on the market today. It will outperform many units running Windows Imaging applications with i7 CPU.
The unit comes in 3 Optional configurations:
- 1) Basic model
- 2) Express Port enabled model – Where user can plug optional Express Card adapters like 1394, PCIE memory cards, Mini PCIE SSD
- 3) Expansion Port enabled model – Where user can plug optional Expansion Box and connect SCSI hard disk drives
Dual Boot Option:
User can purchase the unit with only Linux OS for Forensic Imaging purpose. Dual Boot to Windows is optional for additional cost.
For Data Capture Under Linux:
Perform Forensic Imaging under Linux for a faster, more efficient and a more secure operation:
- To Analyze the Captured Data Under Windows
- Reboot the unit to Windows, and use third-party applications to perform data analysis and other tasks
Network Multiple Forensic Images Loader
Unique feature solves 1Gigabit/s Port Bottleneck. User can upload up to 8 Forensic images directly to a local network using 8 equivalent 1Gigabit/s Ports.
Main Hardware Features:
- Case: Mobile, easy to carry
- CPU: i7 4th Generation
- Display: 8″ (800×600) LED backlight Touchscreen color LCD display
- Hardware: Very high quality high performing components, some with military specifications. The units are assembled and tested in the US
- Hardware upgrade: The unit can be upgraded at time of purchasing for additional cost, to a large internal SSD
- OS: Linux Ubuntu 64 Bit
- Writes Block: Using “device driver” blocking mechanism based on Maxim Suhanov Mechanism (https://github.com/msuhanov/Linux-write-blocker)
- Application Updates: Application can be easily updated via USB flash drive and special update screen
- HPA/DCO Automatic Supports: The application has the ability to automatically open HPA and DCO areas, and resize the “Suspect” hard drive to its full native capacity, in order to capture any “hidden data” (HPA/DCO are special areas on the hard disk drive that support this feature)
- Bad Sectors Handling: User can select to skip bad sectors/blocks, or abort the operation when it encounters bad sectors/block of sectors on the “Suspect” hard disk drive
- Forensic Images Destination: User can save Forensic Images to a local network shared folder for easy access and analysis, or save images to external USB3.0 RAID (encryption is optional) storage in a very good speed
- Captured Storage Protocols and Interfaces: SAS, SATA, e-SATA enclosures, IDE, USB2.0, USB3.0, MMC, M.2 (NGFF)*, 1394*, and SCSI*
- Form Factors: Capture data from various form factor devices: 3.5″, 2.5″, ZIF, 1.8″, Micro-SATA, Mini-SATA, PCIE*, Mini PCIE*, M.2(NGFF)*
- Cross Copy from Ports and Interfaces: The user can choose to capture from one type of port, storage protocol and interface, and save the forensic Images into a different port, storage protocol and interface. The cross copy of data can be done between SAS/SATA/IDE/USB/SCSI/1394 interfaces.
- GUI: The application is built with large icons and is very simple and easy-to-navigate. In a few clicks user can set the operation, and it will be quickly up and running.
- Speed: Extremely fast; Tested with Hash verification operation with SHA-1 enabled the recorded top speed was 30GB/min with Solid State Drive, and 10GB/min with 1TB WD Blue SATA-3 Hard Disk Drive; Tested with Forensic Imaging operation of 1 to 2 with SHA-1 enabled the recorded sustained top speed was 29GB/min with 3 SSD of SanDisk 120GB Extreme II.
Main application Features:
- Forensic Imaging Mode
- Forensic Restore back data to original
- Erase data from drives and Quick Format
- Hash calculation authentication and verification
Main Forensic Imaging Mode Features:
- Forensic Imaging Mode 100%, DD, E01/Ex01 – with optional compression
- Hash while capture: MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2 (all 3 can be selected simultaneously)
- Erase Reminder of the drive
One year warranty for the main unit. (It is not include cables and accessories)